MISSION STATEMENT The guiding principles of the Franklin County Planning Commission are to foster the proper growth of Franklin County to ensure the enjoyment of life by each citizen in a pleasant, healthful, and harmonious environment.
Mosquito & Tick Borne Disease Control Specialist
Admin. Assistant II.
PLEASE NOTE: Starting at the close of business on March 20th, 2020, the Planning department will be restricting public access until further notice. The office continues to be operational during normal business hours with staff members working remotely.
The Planning Department is encouraging the use of phone, email, and other technologies (Skype, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, etc) to do business with the department to the greatest extent possible while the COVID-19 threat still remains.
For Site Plan and Subdivision Plan submissions, an inbox and outbox have been placed just inside the doors of the Administrative Annex, in front of the security station. We are asking that plans be dropped off on Mondays and Thursdays (in the inbox), with reviews being conducted on Tuesdays and Fridays. Staff will strive to ensure that plans are still reviewed within the timeframes to which our customers have grown accustomed. Reviewed/signed plans will then be placed in the outbox for pickup.
Prior to plan submission, please contact the Planning Department for better ease of processing and communication.
To contact the Planning office, please call (717) 261-3855 or email: email@example.com.
The Franklin County Planning Department provides staff support primarily to the Agricultural Land Preservation Board and the Planning Commission. Staff support is also provided to the County Board of Commissioners as requested.
- The guiding principles of the Franklin County Planning Commission include:
- Promote economic development to revitalize communities,
- Sustain open space and the aesthetic and historic characteristics of the County,
- Protect farms, forests, and streams, and;
- Safeguard our recreational and valuable natural resources.
- The Planning Commission intends to maintain these principles by:
- Providing guidance and sound community planning advice to local governments,
- Emphasizing regional cooperation in planning efforts, and;
- Fostering growth and development that will complement existing infrastructure.
The Planning Commission intends to carry out this mission efficiently and in an environmentally responsible manner with respect for the role of local government in protecting the public interest.
County Plans and Reports
Applications & Guidelines
Tourism and Quality of Life Enhancement
218 N 2nd St
Chambersburg, PA 17201
Fax (717) 264-8667
Office Hours: M - F, 8:30am - 4:30pm
Closed on weekends and all county observed holidays.